Friday 7 January 2011

Reading Challenge

via doe-c-doe



I love reading, but over the last few years Ive been so occupied with kids or even my own thoughts, that Id momentarily forgotten the amazing joy and satisfaction you get from reading.
Buying, borrowing or finding a new book is exciting, then glancing at the first sentence, reading the dedication, the feel, the smell. Ive even read two books on my ipad's kindle, but I have to say I still love a foldy, touchy book.
Anyway! this year I am challenging myself to read 50 books, that's almost one a week, but that will be enough I think!
Ive been listing all the books I've yet to read and the ones Ive read on "Goodreads"

So it's now 2011 and Ive just completed one book and now onto the second....Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby

What are you reading?

2 comments:

Hariklia said...

I love reading too. 50 books is quite a challenge - good luck. I've been keeping a book diary for 15 years or so. Last year (2010) I only read 21, 10 less than the year before.
Just started 'Men from the boys' by Tony Parsons, who isn't dissimilar to Nick Hornby.

Cloudbusting said...

Hi Hariklia! :) I went to school with a Hariklia, nn Hari! She loved Prince :)

Anyway! I may have been a little optimistic with my target of 50..real life keeps getting in the way of my reading :) Must have a look at Tony Parsons if he is somewhat like Nick Hornby...I am a big fan of Nick's books.