Tuesday 6 May 2008

Trees


I took my three children (well one is not technically my child, but she could almost be!) for a drive to the Dandenongs on Sunday, and it was glorious. We drove down dirt roads and country lanes and the kids were really excited about the beautiful bright reds and yellows of the Autumn trees. We even stopped at the side of the road to look closely at a Japanese Maple that was a beautiful scorching red! One of the kids said "I just want to get out of the car and run free" and I felt the same...it was one of those spur of the moment days that just feel so right! We mooed at cows while running along slippery planks of wood that covered a little stream. We said "soooo cool" at the house made out of two trams stuck together, and marvelled at the huge tudor style mansion near Sassafras.
We ended the day by having a twlight play in the Emerald train park before snacking on a yummy roast potato with all the trimmings at a nearby cafe.
As I used to write in my diary when I was 12, I give today an A+!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I've thought a few times this week of your "This was an A+ day" statement". Cute :) Takes me right back to being 12.

Sue said...

PS: Happy Mother's Day :)